Whether you are driving or riding as a passenger, being involved in a car crash is a traumatizing event. Recovering from the incident can be difficult, especially if you sustain lasting injuries. Fortunately, you have certain rights following a motor vehicle accident caused by another individual’s negligence. Knowing what you are entitled to as a passenger injured in a car crash will help you navigate the situation. Our Bucks County auto accident attorney is here to help you understand your rights.
Your Rights as a Passenger in an Auto Accident
Needless to say, the circumstances surrounding every car accident case are unique. Thus, there is no way to predict exactly how the aftermath will play out. However, there are some general rights which passengers injured in motor vehicle collisions can typically expect to have.
- The right to obtain a copy of the accident report made by the law enforcement officer present at the scene.
- The right to request information from all involved drivers. This includes their names and addresses, plus their driver’s license, insurance and vehicle registration information.
- The right to seek medical attention for accident-related injuries. This applies whether injuries are immediately apparent or develop later on.
- The right to consult a Bucks County auto accident attorney for expert advice regarding your case, your legal options and how to best proceed.
- The right to refuse to provide a recorded statement or to discuss your case with insurance adjusters before you have met with an attorney.
- The option to file a personal injury lawsuit should the insurance company fail to offer a settlement amount that you deem fair and sufficient to cover your losses.
In case of a car accident, being aware of your rights is essential so that you can seek the compensation you deserve.
Gary Heslin: Dedicated to Assisting Accident Victims for 30+ Years
In the event that you or your loved one is injured in a car accident, you will benefit greatly from having a knowledgable Bucks County auto accident attorney on your team. You can count on Gary Heslin to offer carefully reasoned legal advice and help you obtain the maximum compensation for your losses.
We sincerely hope you never need our help. But in case you do, you can reach the Heslin Law Firm at (215) 332-0300 to schedule a free case evaluation.