≡ Menu

Workers Compensation FAQs

It’s important for injury victims to stay informed about about the law. It’s best to do research on how to pursue your accident claim. After being injured, there’s a good chance you may have a lot of unanswered questions. We would like to provide a few frequently asked questions from previous clients in Philadelphia. It’s possible you have a similar question. If, not, please call our office at 215-332-0300. We are happy to help and offer free consultations for injured victims.

Can my employer fire me for filing a workers compensation claim?

If you file a workers compensation claim after a work-related accident, your employer cannot simply fire you for doing so. However, your employer may fire you for a multitude of other reasons. There is a possibility you could be fired due to a prolonged absence from work even if it’s resulting from an injury after an a work-related accident. There are no guarantees that your job will be held while you are away. If you are a union member, you may have protected job security. Be aware that other benefits such as health or dental insurance may be concluded as well

Call us here at the firm at 215-332-0300 or contact us to receive a free consultation from a Philadelphia-based personal injury lawyer about your situation. We would be happy to help!

What should I do if I have a work related personal injury?

What you do after an accident at work could decide whether or not you receive workers compensation benefits. Here are some guidelines of what course of action to take:

– Immediately report any work related personal injury or illness to a supervisor. You have a 120 day window to inform your employer of a work related personal injury. Similarly, you have 120 days from the time you are aware that your injury or illness is work-related to notify your employer.

– If you do not report your injury within those 120 days, you are not entitled to Workers Compensation benefits and the case is over. There is an exception if a case involves progressive diseases like carpal tunnel syndrome, hearing loss, or occupational disease to name a few.

– You have three years from the date of your personal injury to file a claim petition for an injury. However, the longer you wait, the more difficult it may be to prove your claim

If you are injured on the job and would like to find out if you can be compensated, give us a call today at 215-332-0300 or contact us on the web. A Philadelphia-based personal injury lawyer can help with any questions you may have.

We can see you in any of our four locations!

Our main office is located in Northeast Philadelphia and we have three other locations throughout Philadelphia and its surrounding counties! Call 215-332-0300.

© 2015 Heslin Law Firm, All Rights Reserved, Reproduced with Permission, Privacy Policy